Sunday, February 27, 2011

sprouting up

Midori (3) asks me everyday (actually almost everyhour!),
"Am I bigger?"


This past 6 months or so, she has realized there are so many things her brother can do but she can't because she is "small". Riding a school bus, building a fire, taking Butterscotch to walk, eating with chopsticks, etc...To my surprise, even though those things are brought up constantly, she never complains or gets frustrated. She would just say "Oh, I can't do that because I'm small?" and seems convinced.
But, it doesn't mean that she doesn't care about it. I realized that she had been measuring her own limits every day and now she knows that she is getting bigger every day! "Let me open the refrigerator for you. I'm bigger, mom." "Please don't help me, mom, I think I can reach the sink." "Can I carry the (grocery) bag for you?" "(turning on a light) Mommy! I reached it, I'm big!" Even after dinner she looks at her big belly sticking out happily "Mommy, I'm getting biiiiiiiiiiiig." She knows she is getting there. She is really confident and I'm proud of her.

 Oh my, my baby girl is sprouting up!

and some sprouts from our yard.

Spring finally!

2 comments:

  1. Your little girl is so beautiful. I know for a fact that children grow when they sleep:)Snow is still covering my spring flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mette!
    That's good to know because she is really a good sleeper!
    Please take care and stay warm.
    ym

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...