Saturday, October 30, 2010

New design: Like Sleeves for kids

Many people may not, but I actually LOVE drop shoulder construction for a knitted garment. Especially for kid size, it gives just right touch of sleeveness (???) to a plain body. With a little twist, you can make a "fake sleeve" without making a real sleeve to sew on. This is my new design, "Like Sleeves".  It is such a simple piece. A little gathering at the high waist and roomy bottom cover child's tummy well. Also I'm glad that finally I could use my favorite stitch, Kanoko, again in my design. The PDF file of this pattern is available for sale at my website and Ravelry.com. Hardcopies of the pattern is available at Sheepish, Atlanta.




Size: child 2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, finished chest size 21.523.5, 25.25, 27 inches (54.6, 59.7, 64.1, 68.6 cm), 12, 14, 16, 18 inches (30.5, 35.6, 40.6, 45.7 cm) in length.Yarn: Cascade 220 Heather (color#9558, I love this color!)





Click below for PDF download from Ravelry.com;
pdf download button

Or from my website;

 
For baby sizes are coming mid Dec. 


 
 Cheers!


9 comments:

  1. It is lovely! I really like those sleeves! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so lovely. I am looking forward to seeing the baby size. My granddaughter is one year old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this pattern and it will fit 2 of my 3 girls and can't wait to see your baby sizes to fit my new bub! gorgeous!

    corrie:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks lovely - will have to add it to my ever growing list of knits to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just discovered you via retromummy! I love you patterns and your blog. I look forward to trying this pattern! all the best xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much!
    Isn't Corrie's baby just so cute? I really love her color choise, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just bought your pattern, it is very very cute, what a great design! And lucky for me I have a toddler daughter and plenty of cute nieces I can make this for - thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much, Fiona!
    I hope you and your little girls like it!
    ym

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...